Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's for lunch Wednesday: So many uses for tortillas

A messy but tasty lunch at day care.
I've got a new staple in my pantry: Wrap-Itz.

I started buying these whole-wheat tortillas a month ago when I did a diet (The Game On! Diet) with some co-workers that challenged us to avoid white flour and sugar. I had tried other whole-wheat tortillas before that we didn't like at all, but these are awesome, not only for me but for my toddler.

Best I can tell they don't have any negative ingredients, but they taste good. I used them for the "toddler pizza" recipe, for a turkey and cheese roll-up and now that we've introduced peanut butter the possibilities are endless.

Here's one lunch I feel pretty good about being healthy for my son:

PB & C Roll-Up:


Take one Wrap-Itz whole wheat tortilla (www.tamxicos.com/Wrap-Itz-My-Choice.aspx), and spread on the following: 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese, one tablespoon natural peanut butter, and about half a jar sweet potato baby food or some
pureed baked sweet potato. Roll it up and let 'em gobble.

1 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the idea's you give for my daughter and I. Thanks so much for sharing.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com : PS Brushes by Obsidian Dawn