Friday, April 29, 2011

Why I'm Marching

I'm not always the big community-service, make-the-world-a-better-place kinda girl. I use cloth diapers because I think it's cheaper, and if it saves the planet, that's great. I work at a newspaper, because I like to write, and if that touches someone or connects someone to the services they need, that's sprinkles on top.

But having a kid, a healthy, rambunctious, infection-fighting-on-his-own, kid, makes me want to make this world a better place. If I can help bring more healthy babies into this world, I'm gonna try to do it.

That's why I started doing the March of Dimes March for Babies. I'm so thankful when they hand out balloons on march day, I get to write on mine, "In honor of," and not "In memory of." If the money I raise can lead to another mom getting to do that, I'm gonna keep begging for money.

This year's march is tomorrow. If you would like to sponsor me, you can go to my personal page and use your credit card right there on the website. Thanks!

www.marchforbabies.org/jessicawiant

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com : PS Brushes by Obsidian Dawn